The Exrcize is a new entry-level surfski that is easy to paddle, stable, fun – intended for exercise, surfski racing and light touring. Designed on the same basic principles as our faster skis with less volume and more rocker, it is fast, versatile and easily maneuvered in different conditions. The sharp and deep cutouts enables a tight catch and an efficient forward stroke.
Compared to the previous model, the Exrcise has a redesigned footplate with a more relaxed angle and a more solid feel. The footstrap is more solid than ever with a leash attachment point to free up space around the bailer. The constructions...well they have gone to another level.
The construction process- all NK skis are now made with autoclave and prepreg technique, a process often reserved for the aerospace industry and F1 cars. The high pressure (up to 4 x atmospheric pressure) and heat from the autoclave ensure the pre-impregnated fibres bond perfectly with the composite core creating a extra ordinary light but strong construction. This process is far superior to other techniques normally used for kayaks such as vacuum infusion or other hand lay up processes.
Some of the benefits of carbon fibre prepreg autoclaved composites are:
- zero voids - reduce possibility of delaminations and air bubble related issues
- improved ability to conform cores and fabrics to tight curvatures in-mold; again less chance of voids and weak spots
- excellent fatigue resistance
- controlled laminate thickness
In short our skis are lighter, stiffer and stronger than ever. With a polyurethane painted seamless finish to match, the line between sports equipment and a work of art may have been crossed.
Nordic Kayaks Exrcize surfskis are available in these prepreg heat cured autoclave constructions:
- CarbonX: Weight max 9.0 kg - 100% UD prepreg carbon construction. Clear carbon (UV exposure can harm epoxy, needs to be stored out of direct sunlight)
- CarbonLite: Weight max 9.8 kg - 100% UD prepreg carbon construction with a high quality foam core. Ice White, Dolphin Grey or Stealth Black (matte) 2 pack paint finish
- CarbonHybrid: Weight max 13 kg - Composite combination of UD prepreg carbon and UD fibreglass with a high quality foam core. Ice White 2 pack paint finish
Nordic Kayaks Exrcize
- The new foot-controlled deBrito bailer, the most efficient and sought after bailer on the market
- Carbon fibre footrest and self adjusting lines
- Anchor point for leash on footstrap
- Carbon fibre side carry handles
- Handles on bow and tail
- Race rudder (as standard)
- Packing net on aft deck
- Bottle holder with NK sports bottle in cockpit
- NK/deBrito rudder yoke for a wheel type feel when steering
- Stability factor: 8/10 (1 = elite sprint kayak, 10 = stable sea kayak)
- Length: 550 cm
- Beam: 54 cm
- Cockpit width: 41.5 cm
- Cockpit length: 160 - 200 cm
- Recommended paddler weight: 60 - 110 kg